VAENI NAOUSA WINEMAKING COOP. provides guided tours to its visitors, in Greek and English, almost all year round. Recently, it has officially been certified as a visiting winery.
The winery is located on the Veroia - Edessa road, at the foot of Naoussa, about 1 hour from Thessaloniki. It is the largest wine cooperative of Northern Greece, 5 km from the Aristotelous School, 3 km from the Macedonian Tombs of Lefkadia and about 30 km from the archaeological site of Vergina. (click on the blue words to see information about)
- Comfortable parking space for at least 10 coaches
- Up to 70 people at a time
- Different restrooms for men and women
- The tour (without tasting) lasts about 45 minutes. In specific, it includes a guided tour to the vineyard, the winery, the bottling plant and the wine cellar, where videos about the story of the Coop. are also shown.
- Daily: 09.00 to 14.00
- Afternoons, Saturdays and Sundays: upon request
We also have the ability to host schools that can stay in the courtyard after the end of the educational trip and there is access to a 5x5 football field, basketball, volleyball, tennis, as well as sale of snacks, sandwiches, croissants from our shop at the entrance of the company as well as a barbecue and sheltered accommodation space for adult escorts or teachers.
In case our guests wish to taste our wines, it can be arranged with a small financial burden to try three wines from our rich range:
- Dogmatikos White (dry wine from red grapes)
- Dogmatikos rosé (semi-dry wine)
- Damascenos red smoked wine (dry aged wine)
The wines are accompanied by crackers and cheese.
Our guests, if preferable, can have lunch or dinner at a restaurant nearby, where at a cost of 10-12 € / person can taste the traditional cuisine with the accompaniment of our wines. Also, the possibility of providing meals in the winery as well as in the courtyard is possible by a partner catering company (cold and hot dishes of your choice). The cost including service starts at around € 8 per person. Unfortunately, for the time being, there is no accessibility for our disabled friends.
For more information, please contact us.